Mon, 06/29/2020 - 13:51
Now that the Scottish Government has confirmed that the residential property market can safely reopen, house sales and purchases can proceed within the guidelines.
The house sales industry has been close to dormant for 14 weeks and the restart of the housing market is enthusiastically welcomed. There has been healthy interest from buyers and sellers in anticipation of the market re-opening since Nicola Sturgeon confirmed activity could resume on 29 June 2020 within social distancing guidelines.
Our Estate Agency team will be conducting viewings within Government rules over social distancing and hygiene requirements. They will be provided with appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) and guides for viewers and sellers to safely carry out viewings. Meetings will be held via video, remote valuations and virtual viewings will be encouraged to assist in complying with the rules while progressing client’s plans to get their properties on the market.
Guidelines for in-person viewings
Before an in-person viewing can take place, all prospective purchasers will first take part in a virtual viewing of a property, generally via a video tour. It is hoped this will reduce the number of speculative in-person viewings.
When viewings are arranged the following guidance is provided to everyone involved – clients, homeowners, viewers and our staff – which outlines procedures to be followed to minimise the risks to all parties:
- In-person viewings should only be requested when a potential purchaser has already viewed an online video tour or remote viewing.
- Confirmation must be received that none of the parties have Covid-19 symptoms, no-one in their households have or has had symptoms, are shielding or clinically vulnerable, or have yet to complete a period of isolation – otherwise the appointment must be postponed until these requirements are met.
- Viewers must be from the same household and single viewers or couples living together are the preferred attendees. Exceptions will be made for viewers with small children who cannot be left with others.
- Face coverings are recommended, and hand sanitisers should always be available, and our team members will wear gloves.
- All worksurfaces and door handles should be wiped down with an antibacterial wipe before and after each viewing, viewers are asked not to touch surfaces and all internal doors should be left open.
- If any parties display symptoms after an appointment, those potentially affected will be advised in line with contact tracing guidelines.
- The host of the viewing - client, homeowner or Lindsays team member - will remain outside the property during the visit if possible, for example if the property has a garden. In flats, it may not be possible to do so and the viewer and the person hosting the viewing may be in the property at the same time. In this circumstance it is essential that the 2-metre social distancing rule is always strictly adhered to.
If you would like to arrange an in-person or virtual valuation of your property, or view a house on our website that you are interested in purchasing, our team would be delighted to assist.