Wed, 06/12/2019 - 15:18
We all think we know what estate agents do. They list the property, take photos and arrange viewings. That’s all true, but a good agent will do much more to get you a great sale
When you sell your home, most agents will do the basics for you: writing the sales text, uploading your home details to the internet, arranging viewings, and reporting offers. It’s the least you can expect, and there are plenty of businesses - online and on the high street – who can do it for you.
All that’s useful of course, but a great agent will do much more than that. As well as helping you get a better price, they’ll take away much of the stress and uncertainty of selling.
- They’re proactive with their advice and updates, from the first meeting right through to completion.
- They’re responsive to your needs and what’s happening with potential purchasers and market conditions.
- They’re expert in tactics around pricing, timing, negotiating and finalising the deal.
This level of service and expertise can lead to a better price and terms. It also helps manage potential issues, such as disappointment around offers that don’t follow through, or delays that could jeopardise your next home purchase. That’s why it’s important to use an agent who’s the real deal.
A great agency adds value throughout the sale by offering the following:
- Valuable tips on dressing or staging the property
- Informed advice on sale strategy and pricing, based on the latest market activity
- Expert guidance on timing the launch
- Professional photographs, floorplans and particulars
- Use of full range of online property platforms
- Access to a database of buyers looking for properties like yours
From launch day to moving day
- Follow-up with prospective purchasers
- Regular contact with staff familiar with your sale
- Ongoing tactical suggestions on the sale
- Advice about timing of closing date
- Recommendations on attractiveness and reliability of offers
- Skilled negotiation with purchasers to achieve best sale price
- Smooth interface with legal team
- Advice available on other aspects of moving, from conveyancing to removals
Our property experts have local market knowledge and they understand that every situation is different requiring an individual approach to suit you.